Sunday, November 9, 2008

Not even in the running for...

Mother of the Year...
As I sat and looked at my children in church today; the 1 year old with no shoes.

The 7 year old with an un-ironed shirt and hair sticking up in the back and the front, not to mention the permanent marker line on his shoes that his (cheap) Dad "polished" his shoes with a couple of weeks ago that has now turned a bluish-purple instead of black.

The 4 year old with a hair style (kindly done by her older sister), but when Mom and Dad are yelling, "Get in the car!" what are they to do? Leave with a crooked part and a less than desirable finished style that mom doesn't notice until TOO LATE! To go right along with her hairstyle, were pen lines on her neck and around her lips that had been placed there the evening before.

The 10 year old wearing a jacket that was supposed to be lint-brushed before wearing to church, and nylons with a run in them from knee to toe, who 10 minutes into the first meeting, turns to me and says, "I have a talk in Primary today."

So, as I am about to leave the church building after the three hours of church are over, I pause to chat with a friend to vent a frustration (not even included above!) that built up while at church. I was just about to exit the building when a well meaning couple came to inform me that my one year old was running around alone outside! Hey his 4 year old sister was somewhat close by, and the 7 year old was patiently waiting in the (running) car (that he himself started!)

I simply turned to this sweet couple and politely informed them, "I take great comfort that I will never achieve the Mother of the Year award. It would cause me far too much stress deciding on what to wear for the ceremony."



P.S. Reminder to the clown's parents: Please glance in their general direction at least once before walking out the door to church. Oh and don't forget to hang the slip of paper on the fridge that tells a child's assignment in Primary the next week. Oh-and it might also help to know the whereabouts of the one year old!

11 comments:

  1. Tiffany you are so funny and I loved your quick response about "what to wear to the ceremony" you're great!!!

    PS Did the kind couple at least bring Joshua to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany you are so funny and I loved your quick response about "what to wear to the ceremony" you're great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff that is a classic. I feel your pain, but can't put words to it like you can. My husband said as he walked out the door today that he and Faith are getting used to sitting in church alone. Ours it as 1 right in the middle of the two year old's nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....I am SO glad that I am not the only one! And I only have 2, so really...you should be in the running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It gives me hope that other parents go through those moments, too. You're a great mom!! The most important thing is that you all came to church today, so be proud of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy can we relate! These are the funny and quirky joys of having four children and being an obedient mom. I noticed your four year old's hair today and thought it was cute! See, no one else really noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love those cute kids? I know I do!!! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tiffany...
    Beleive me I've had those days many many times...and at least you made it to church with all of your kids...right?! I wish we could have gotten together last month but my trip was a disaster from start to finish!! Hopefully next time we can hook up!! When's that baby due?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like "mom most in need of makeover/nanny help/therapist" every time I leave church. You're not alone, and believe me, I'm always amazed at how well behaved and put together your kids are at church.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to hear that other moms have those kind of days...I am happy #5 is on the way for you! They are all a blessing straight from heaven and we wouldn't trade any of the weird moments for anything!! Your kids are beautiful and I am sure you are mom of the year to them!!! Jana and Trent should have a party, if not, it would be awesome to see you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear it's not just me. At least you went to church. With Josh out of town, I didn't even attempt it. We went and saw Madagascar 2 instead (don't tell my mother!)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails