Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not ONE but TWO.....

 

... rednecks in the family???!!! So, those of you that know Luke well (or read this blog!), know he is a little bit of a redneck. (I much prefer that term than 'WT.') Well, yesterday afternoon, Joshua kept looking at his reflection in the sliding glass door and then pulled down his shorts half way so his diaper would hang out. He is only 16 months, so I don't quite understand the thought process behind this but...I kept thinking it is normal 1 year old behavior. Pretty soon he wanted them off, at this point I am still convincing myself that it is normal 1 year old behavior and Joshua is NOT beginning to pattern after Luke who continued the only diaper/underwear until he was well into his 5th year!!!???
A little while later, I come walking into the family room and there is my innocent little 1 year old, in just his diaper with A POCKET KNIFE ATTACHED TO HIS DIAPER!!!!! And I bet no one could possibly guess, who in the world would attach a pocket knife to the diaper of their one year old brother??
Looking back to my childhood in England, my dad often says, "You were a proper English School Girl." And I have to wonder how does a Proper English School Girl, gradually become the mother of not ONE, but possibly TWO rednecks!?!?

 
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. You really do have some of the funniest stories! Really cute! I see nothing wrong with a little redneck! None at all! They could be wearing dresses or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that case, just blame it on the fatherly influence :) Can't wait to see what Luke convinces him to do as he gets older.
    PS Thank you for the birthday call. I loved it. Especially the cha cha cha at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be the West Bountiful water! As long as he doesn't start chewing tobacco like most guys at my ag High School in California, he's good! And I think it's pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I was laughing the while I read this post. I guess they get it from Mike?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are to cute!!
    I just nominated you for a blog award, check out my blog for the instructions:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to tell you this, but we are still waiting for Carter to outgrow the 'underwear' stage. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course Casey notified me of this post and it made me laugh. I could not believe that he really had a leatherman on his diaper. When I took a closer look at the picture I also noticed that Joshua was wearing camouflage shoes.... is that Luke or Mike's influence as well... or maybe a little bit of you too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the record-the camouflage shoes were all they had in the easy-slip-on-crocs! The other color choices were red (seemed girly) or pink (definitely girly!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. To have two rednecks in your family is funny...however to realize most rednecks believe in country, god and family? So with that in mind...isn't it great to have two rednecks in the family. Nana

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails