Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Casey's Prediction

For those that have known Luke for all of his 6 1/2 years, have a little background of Uncle Casey's (my brother) prediction made when Luke was probably only around 2 years old. It stemmed from this: Luke hated clothes. He was comfortable only in a onesie, then in only a diaper, then in only underwear, and then went through a period he would only wear pajamas. As I looked back through his photo albums, I am embarrassed to admit, there are MANY, MANY pictures where he is only wearing the aforementioned attire! Where was his mother and why was she not getting him dressed each day????!!!!! (No wonder the "hand-me-downs" for Joshua are in SUCH GOOD CONDITION!!!) And pretty much the pictures also prove that the only toys Luke ever played with were dump trucks, tractors etc. OK-Back to Casey's prediction. He predicted that when Luke "grew up" he would be a Red-Neck! And for some of you to put it more plainly, "White Trash!" Yes, Casey said this about my cute little 2 year old at the time. And yes, I'll admit I was SLIGHTLY offended. Well the months, and years have come and gone and Mike and I have come to the acceptance that all along...Casey was...RIGHT! Everything Luke loves, Everything Luke is interested in, Everything Luke does... falls right into Casey's prediction. So, to make a long story short-this picture says it all.

This is the outfit Luke greeted me with on the driveway as I got home from a meeting Sunday afternoon. Had he asked anyone's permission? No. He simply took his shirt and cut it to fit his style!

Later that day we would be seeing Casey and I have to admit, there was a small part of me that wondered if maybe, Luke should change his shirt...
Luke-We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE You. You add humor, diversity and open-mindedness to our family in a way no one else could.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails