Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mike's '5 Year Plan'


When we moved into our house 3 years ago, Mike politely declined the front yard landscape option with the homebuilder-because of his big landscaping dreams. (Remember it is his line of business!) His dreams; "The 5 Year Plan." Actually, let me interrupt and say, Mike is patient, I am not. Well, as my impatience has grown over the last 3 years, Mike has continually reminded of his "5 year plan." This summer is actually our 4th summer here and so his "5 Year Plan" has had several "slight nudges" should I say, from.... ME! Well, FINALLY we decided to fill in the future front creek/stream with river rock. (The actual pump and electrical work to make it a 'running stream' is on a "Much Longer Year Plan.")
Our dear friends the Tingeys, have a friend who owns a lot of property in Mountain Green and has endless amounts of river rock, so we went on a field trip with the Tingeys and everyone pitched in and loaded river rock into the trailer. Amidst horses roaming around us (one licking the back of Joshua's head), beautiful mountainous surroundings and lots of horse poop (Is that good for 1 year olds to eat?), everyone had a great time and accomplished a lot. Once we got home, good 'ole Nana and Grandpa also pitched in and helped us unload it. Our project is a few more days away from completion, but what progress we have made. I love our yard. Mike is teaching me that patience is a virtue. I love to sit on my front porch and see all the hard continuous work we put into our yard and one day (5 years? Maybe? Maybe not?), I know it will be worth the wait.
P.S. I know there are no photos of me lifting a single rock, but rest assured, I worked my tail off too-but SOMEONE has to record these events!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails