Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Second Favorite Holiday



After Thanksgiving, the 4th of July is my second favorite holiday. I love it. I love flags waving, family get-togethers, a home grilled hamburger and my traditional (Mandatory) Water Baseball BBQ.
I started this tradition three years ago to make our 4th July BBQ's a little more exciting. I strongly urge all family members to come and participate, in fact, I should open it up to anyone...the more the merrier... This year we had a couple of family members use extreme measures to get out of playing, first Mike broke his foot 3 weeks ago, then on Wednesday night, my brother, James' lung collapsed!! (James is well on the road to recovery now.)

We still had fun without them. What a fun tradition. I hope it continues for years to come. And though, I know and understand the 4th of July is about much more than BBQ's and Baseball games, we are able to do those because of the blessings of our free country. (Because you know, there are some countries (and probably rightly so) that would not allow me to run around in a swimming suit!)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness what happened to James? That is scary. Hope he is feeling better. I will call you to get the scoop.

adrienne said...

You're going to have to teach me how you play this sport! It sounds like fun!!

Cindy said...

I love that Mike's foot is in the bottom of the photos. I guess it's his attempt to get in on the action as much as possible. And just for all of the readers information water baseball started out as mandatory but I believe that people are still playing because they actually enjoy it:). Thanks Tiffany for the new tradition.

Jana said...

How much fun! Where is are invite? J/K How is Mike's foot anyway?

Taralyn said...

I can't believe I've never taken part in such a tradition :) We're all curious so I guess you're going to have to fill us all in on what happened to James!

PS I love that you are so patriotic :)

Kathryn said...

That looks like a blast! I love the 4th of July too. It is such a perfect time of year to get together with family and just play in the sun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails