OK-So of course the last post covered the fact that my birthday is kind of a big deal (to me!). Well, how lucky am I that not only do I have a whole day to celebrate, but TECHNICALLY I get to begin celebrating each year (since 1988) on October 21st at 5:55pm. Let me explain why.
I was born October 22nd (DUH) at 12:55am. I was born in England. When my mom called her mom in Utah to tell her I was born, my grandmother said, (I'm sure among many congratulatory and happy things), "Oh, October 21st." My mother had to correct her and say, "No, the 22nd, it is already the 22nd here."
My 14th birthday was my first birthday in America. And you better believe it-that every year, I make sure everyone around me knows when my birthday has officially begun. 5:55pm tonight will officially mark my 34th year of life accomplished! Perfect that someone who LOVES their birthday so much gets seven extra hours to enjoy it!
P.S. Don't try to tell me that it should end officially 7 hours early. I will celebrate as long as it is the 22nd in the time zone I am in.
P.P.S. My children woke up to the sounds of someone (hmmm wonder who?) singing the line, "Tomorrow's my birthday, shout hooray." They even spontaneously started singing it as they got ready for school. However, Ellie, poor Ellie who is home with me ALL DAY finally, said, "Can you not sing it anymore please?"
Tiffany...that is so very funny and cool. Two whole days to play. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a wonderful one.
ReplyDeleteI am laughing out loud!!!!!!! No wonder Ellie has called me several times today! She needed to hear a different voice. Love ya mom
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT.....I WANT 2 DAYS TOO!!!!! Should I be a schmuck like you and forget to call?....No...but just in case i do...IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY SHOUT HOORAY....WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TODAY? :)
ReplyDeleteI love how into your birthday you are. Ellie's comment made me laugh out loud! Happy Birthday in one hour!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tiffany!!! Do you feel older or wiser? The fact that Ellie asked you to stop singing made me laugh so hard.
ReplyDelete