Tuesday, January 14, 2014

On Second Thought...

LOVED running into my own son early in the morning at Dicks Market while grocery shopping. While I was perusing the fresh produce, I glanced up to see my own son getting a donut before leaving on a hunting trip. After going over and talking to them, I watched from a distance and smiled.
But on second thought...
As I saw him turning to leave, he grabbed one too many donut hole samples as he left.

Loved the funny selfie I did when Megan asked me to text a photo of a particular fabric to show her friend.
But on second thought...
When I asked later when she arrived home what her friend thought of the fabric, Megan replied, "I need to take a photo without you in it and show it to her tomorrow instead." What??

Coming home one evening and hearing Drew talk about how he was scared that monsters were going to come. I immediately interrupted him to firmly state there are no such thing as monsters...
But on second thought...
Drew interrupted back and said very matter-of-factly, "I said a prayer because I was scared." To which Joshua piped in, "I told him to do that when he said he was scared."

Love that Drew the first time he is asked, goes and gets his pajamas on.
But on second thought...
The reason he is so prompt and quick and always the first one back in the family room? He goes to the stairs, takes off his clothes and puts them by the stairs and returns in his underwear stating, "I will just sleep in my underwear tonight."
(I wish I could say that he then carries the dirty clothes up to the laundry room and puts them in the dirty clothes basket when on his way upstairs to bed.)

Love that I wrote a funny tongue-in-cheek note in Megan's lunch recently. She loved it so much she took a photo of it and had it as a screen saver on her phone for several days.
But on second thought...
She replaced my funny note with a photo of.... a cat????? A cat? What? Whose child is she? We don't do cats around here. Especially in place of mom's humor.
(You may not get any of these acronyms or slang terms if you either a. aren't a teenager or b. don't have a teenager.)

Love Drew's trademark fake smile in this photo.
But on second thought...
There's a darn Christmas tree photo in the background so I can't pretend it is really recent, and I don't take selfies very often and still need to figure out exactly where to look on the phone camera.

Love that I signed up Joshua for a little instructional basketball league back in November (for January) that he was so excited about. Last week, when I reminded him that the basketball league was starting today, he announced grumpily, "I didn't want to do it." (Little last minute nerves?)
But on second thought...
Today, after the second week, he skipped to the car alongside me while holding my hand with one of his and proudly carrying his basketball with the other.
And on second, second thought...
Why haven't I taken a photo of him running up and down a basketball court for 45 minutes with a permanent smile stuck to his face.

Love that Ellie takes a million selfies on whatever recording device she gets her hands on.
But on second thought...
When she sees me deleting them a few days later to free up space on whatever device is full of her selfies, she questions in all seriousness, "Why are you deleting it?" and I feel mild guilt.

Love that Drew has loved to be outside in the snow. Either riding his bike (?), shoveling, sledding, etc. Mostly shoveling though. One day, while shoveling he claimed, "Does it look like a snow plow did it? Well I am a snow plow."
But on second thought...
Except he recruits me to help and after our driveway and him insisting I help him do two neighbor's driveways, I was tired.
And on second, second thought...
It doesn't matter how long ago the most recent snowstorm was, there is always something for Drew to shovel.

I don't have hardly any new photos on my phone or camera lately. I must take more photos.
But on second thought...
If you count all of Ellie's selfies, or the blurry photos of toy dirt bikes, there are plenty.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails