Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Boys & Their Boots

Grandpa, the Englishman, but now a Gun-Toting American bought some...COWBOY BOOTS!

Rumor has it, the news left my youngest brother speechless. As for Mike and Luke-they were thrilled. Last night, Grandpa, Mike and Luke compared comfort, size, detail and authenticity. Even Joshua got in on the action.

With Grandpa's new boot purchase, he received an additional bonus. Free advice!

They speak with experience. From Mike; what kind of socks to wear with them. From Luke; how to wear them out. From Joshua; if they are from the same pair and the correct size for your foot you might not trip so much.

If someone had told me 5 years ago my husband and son would one day own cowboy boots, I would NEVER have believed it. If someone would have told me last week my dad would own a pair, I would have believed it even LESS.

Even I own a pair.


"...'We're' a little bit country..."

9 comments:

  1. And we're a little bit rock and roll! NONE of us own cowboy boots, but that's what makes life great. We can like such different things and still be the best of friends! Joshua looks SO big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're never going to believe this. I own a pair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Peter showed me his boots I was so shocked I think I just sat there for minute in silence and then I giggled the mintue after that because I was so surprised that the Eniglishman would be wearing cowboy boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never believe that a male in my family or Aaron's would own a pair.

    However, I do own a pair. I bought them back in 1994 and they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own!!! I don't wear them very often... Aaron makes fun of me when I do! (in a loving sort of way)

    I will let you know if any males in our family get them,but I am about 100% sure they wont...knock on wood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott wore his to his wedding. He loves them. My parents bought Shane a pair when he was a month old. Lizzie has a bright pink pair. Welcome to the boot club Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's awesome. We almost got Spence a pair at Rockin E the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next thing you know dad will get a hat, and a horse and need to move to West Bountiful so Luke can help look after that horse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's as American as it gets :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails