Monday, February 16, 2009

Maybe I Know Where Luke Gets It . . .

You know those situations you are sometimes in, that you are so happy, so excited, so exhilarated, that it is hard to erase the smile off your face?

That was me. Saturday night. Valentines Day.

The day for me to use my highly favored Christmas present, my tickets to the Monster Truck Show.

A smile never left my face. Megan thought it "smelled like celery." Ellie fell asleep. Luke was expressionless except for the occasional wave of a flag. Mike was the main photographer.

I LOVED IT. Mike had forewarned me that it wouldn't be like the commercials..."the trucks don't typically tip over." Yeah well-they showed him! TWO tipped over.

It was not a romantic Valentines Night. We all came away with ringing ears and smelling like fuel. But oh it was FUN.

As for the crowds that filled the seats...well they did all strongly represent a 'certain stereotype' of people. . .

And of course Mike and I have often wondered where Luke gets 'that part' of his personality from...

Could it possibly be from me????

5 comments:

  1. I remember the post where you said you got the tickets. I'm still surprised, you've never mentioned this "love" in your life...but you have a great big smile in the picture that says it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun...I have never been to the monster truck show, but I think it would be alot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it met your expectations, and maybe exceeded them too! I hope your baby doesn't have hearing damage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monster Truck Jams ROCK!!!! This sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails