Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Around Here

Our Easter was pretty simple. It started with an impromptu family devotional on my bed before heading downstairs to see what the Easter Bunny brought.

I love Easter. I love the simplicity of the holiday set around the greatest event of all time! I love our daily focus on the days leading up to Easter that reminds us of some of the most important events of Jesus Christ's life. And guess what? I also love Easter eggs and chocolate!

The Easter Bunny always came to my house as a child, and yet I made it to adulthood with an understanding and belief in the realities of the real reasons behind Easter. (Same with Santa and Christmas...It seems so many parents of my generation inherently think their should be no place for such frivolousness amid religious holidays.)

The Easter Bunny brought the traditional flip-flops, candy and a few insignificant things.
(Not sure what in the world the Easter Bunny was thinking by Ellie's flip-flops being 2 sizes too big!)

Joshua had ALL but one of his candies finished by 1pm church and Drew was caught hiding under Joshua's bed secretly consuming more candy than he should have. Megan flew a new twisty plastic flying wand directly into Joshua's face, and Ellie didn't want to share her new chalk with the boys.

Before church, Mike attempted to get a decent photo of the children. Mike was put in charge, because I ran out of patience about the time Joshua's church pants developed permanent grass stains on them. I'm sad to say that was before the photo shoot even began.
(Believe it or not, this is the most decent one!)

We finished up the Easter holiday with cousins and family over for dinner, games, horse-rides, and fun. All in all, a pretty decent day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails