Friday, May 16, 2014

Mothers Day 2014

This year Mother's Day felt a little bit different than other years. I think it is because I hardly felt like I could justify a "day off" after I had barely been home 48 hours from 9 days off! Mike was pretty funny on Saturday night, and you really have to know him to not take his comment the wrong way, but I quote him... "I feel like I just spent the last nine days honoring you while you were gone, and I have to spend another day doing it tomorrow?"

It was nonetheless a wonderful day. Actually, I think I'm not remembering it as clearly as I should. There was one point Mike and I sat on the couch in the front room and looked at each other with that occasional look we do. No words are ever exchanged but it has come to mean, "What in the world have we gotten ourselves into?" It usually includes deep huffs of breath from one or the other of us, and lots of eye rolls.

I'm pretty certain, Mother's Day ended with each child getting in bed after having been lectured by both Mike and me. There may or may not have been a few raised voices too.

Some days are like that. Mother's Day or not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails