Sunday, June 7, 2009

Drew's Day

Sunday was Drew's Blessing Day.

Ellie was so proud that "Drew is getting old enough now to get blessed in church."

Baby Blessing's have never been my favorite event. In fact, I very much dislike the tradition and have had a bad attitude about each one. Saturday evening, Mike told me he was tired of me being ornery and said, "Think of it as a celebration of never again having to do a baby blessing party." My attitude changed and I instead focused on the blessing of having a new baby to celebrate.
Sunday in church as I sat surrounded by family and friends celebrating the day with us, I was overwhelmed with the love I have for each of them.

We are truly, blessed.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sowby family. What a special day! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Cute Cute! I too stress over baby blessings... I am so worried yellow poo will ruin the day! Noah boy was 11 months when he was blessed... I could only imagine him doing his death roll and falling from the circle!
    Your family is so stinkin' darling. Megan looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't we all, in our own special ways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe how big he's gotten. It's time for me to meet him! He's adorable! And the fam is pretty good lookin' too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are blessed and have such a beautiful family. And no more baby blessings for you! I'm sure that is something to be happy about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it was a good day. Glad we were a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That baby is beautiful. Plain and simple, he's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to baby Drew!! He has got so big so fast!! Love your fam picture! You need to come down and lets BBQ!?? Yes!! I think you guys must!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel bad that I missed Drew's blessing!! He is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful family. You are truly blessed. Sorry we missed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails