
Mike and I arrived home from a viewing last night, dressed in our 'Sunday Best.' We were greeted in the garage by our Toothless Grin Son proudly showing us a five gallon bucket with 6 fishes in that he had just caught during his fishing class.
Outside the garage, the skies were darkening, the wind was blowing, rain was coming and lightning could be seen in the distance. All Luke wanted was to put the fishes in his "Secret Fishing Spot." (Which incidentally, we already had a TINY fish in a fish bowl from earlier that morning he had caught in his "Secret Fishing Spot.") It is only a short ride on the trail behind our house, but carrying a five gallon bucket full of water and trying to avoid lightening strikes, we had a decision to make. We knew the fish would not survive in the bucket until morning.
Personally, I had no cares about the fish, but I didn't want to see the Toothless Grin disappear. As I walked into the house, I heard Daddy suggest, keeping the fish in the bathtub for the night. I'm sure the Toothless Grin got bigger at that point, but I very quickly, volunteered to go change my clothes and ride bikes over to the "Secret Fishing Spot."
Luke and I jumped on our bikes and with me balancing the five gallon bucket filled with water and 6 fish, hoping the lightning would subside for just a while, the wind blowing the hood from my head,and rain falling on us, Mom and Toothless Grin set out to save the fishes.
There are no photographs to capture the memory, I wish there were. But perhaps instead, that Toothless Grin excitement, will be a picture memory I will hold forever in my mind.
It was fitting, as we were riding fast, I heard the little Toothless Grin pedaling quickly behind me say,
'You're the best mom in the whole wide world."
That is an awesome story! What us moms won't do to keep those grins on our childrens faces!
ReplyDeleteThat's the kind of "stuff" we do! I love this example of sacrifice! Thanks for the share!
ReplyDeleteYou're a good Mom.
ReplyDeleteYou are the best Mom in the world. I hope his 'secret fishing spot' ends up being stocked full of 'keepers'
ReplyDeleteYou are the best mom. Luke will never forget that moment.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Lesley - you are the best mom. What a special memory for Luke to have!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your posts! I especially enjoyed NOT ME! So TRUE!
ReplyDeleteYour landcape is coming along, I think we are on the same timeline as you guys on landcape! I hope all is well!
That was such a cute story. I enjoy your blog...
ReplyDeleteMeredith
Way to go Tiffany and Luke. Picture memories are better than real ones cause you can see them any time and any place!!
ReplyDeleteLife doesn't get any better than that! And what a surprise ending. I was expecting to see a picture at the bottom of your post of the 6 fish in the bath tub!
ReplyDelete