Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lesson

In preparation and studying for my Gospel Doctrine (Sunday School) lesson on Sunday, I had spent the previous couple of weeks studying Adam and Eve and the events that took place in the Garden of Eden. So Saturday evening, while alone with just five year old Ellie, I thought I'd test her knowledge.

"Ellie, why don't you tell me what you know about Adam and Eve," I began.

Ellie got a slightly perplexed look on her face and replied,

"I don't think I know him. Is he in Kindergarten or first grade?"

So my plan for Monday's Family Home Evening was to have the lesson on Adam and Eve. Only thing was, it was Luke's turn for the lesson and rather than me give him the lesson idea, I wanted Luke to decide what he wanted to 'teach us.'

Perhaps it was all meant to be... because as Luke began his Family Home Evening preparations he whispered to me,

"In Primary we learned about the creation, so I'm going to teach about Adam and Eve and we'll act it out."


Per Luke's instructions, everyone dressed their designated part.
Megan was Eve.
Luke-Adam,
Joshua-a cow, and
Drew-a sheep.
(Joshua quickly tired of being the cow and wanted to be "this" as he draped a piece of blue cloth in front of Mike.) Drew kept tripping over his sheep costume and as soon as he was freed from it, he was quickly transformed into a cow.)

The creation was ready to begin. Daddy was requested to stand up, and quickly given instructions by director, Luke.

Daddy with grand hand gestures and the instructed, "Pppgghhhuuu" magical sound, created the earth. Followed by further instructions and repeated sound and hand movements, Adam and Eve appeared in the Garden of Eden. (The cows and the sheep, I guess were just part of the territory.)

The downside? Ellie had a major temper tantrum and was excused from 'the lesson,' so her earlier perplexed state questioning Adam and Eve's existence may still be in question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails