
We have believed for quite sometime that we have an additional member of our household. We can no longer deny its presence. Though we have never met this member, and don't know if it is a boy or a girl, we know its name. . .
NOT ME.
NOT ME uses about 5 different cups to get a drink from and leaves them sitting on the counter.
NOT ME drags sand into the kitchen.
NOT ME leaves empty containers in the pantry and fridge.
NOT ME also leaves toothpaste in the sink, towels on the floor and Otter Pop wrappers on the patio.
NOT ME is even known to make the baby cry for unknown reasons. The only evidence being red "track marks" on baby's head and a Hot Wheel car laying very close by.
Sometimes NOT ME is even volunteered to say the prayer, he has yet to say it.
NOT ME creates more work for me than the other 5 kids combined!
Quite frankly, I don't like NOT ME. Is it possible to get rid of an unwanted family member?
NOT ME creates more work for me than the other 5 kids combined!
Quite frankly, I don't like NOT ME. Is it possible to get rid of an unwanted family member?
I don't want NOT ME to be part of our family.
Isn't 5 kids plenty?
With a family that large my dear, I do believe that NOT ME is there to stay ;)
ReplyDeleteI think you should just embrace NOT ME as the 8th member of your family. Eventually they too leave home. (at least that is what happened at our house!)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure this isn't funny to you, but it made me chuckle. Max hasn't discovered Not Me yet, but I'm sure he becomes a member of most families.
ReplyDeleteVery clever. I seem to have a clouded memory of a mom once saying, "I want to know who did it, and I don't want to hear that it's 'Not Me'". I really don't remember where I heard it, but....you could try it, the best you could get is a few moments of silence. Or another approach, when they ask who's fixing the dinner say "Not Me" or who's washing the clothes "Not Me" a little reverse psycology :-)
ReplyDeleteWe had one growing up too. My dad called him Mister nobody. "Who left their socks out?? Oh it must have been that mister nobody guy again!"
ReplyDeleteIf you figure out how to get rid of yours, come to my house and get rid of mine!
ReplyDeleteI call NOT ME Casper - as in the friendly ghost from my childhood. Not sure if you'll know him since it might be an American ghost.
ReplyDeleteAwwww..Tiff. You are so funny! Thanks for the laugh....in a good way!I am still working on a bbq date. Do weekends work best for you?
ReplyDeleteNOT ME lives at our house too! Or maybe NOT ME just really gets around . . . like Santa Clause! Maybe we can call the Ghostbusters ~ do you think that would work?
ReplyDelete