Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tenderheart

Many years ago, I was babysitting a four year old girl, whose parents were going through a divorce/break-up (actually I'm not sure if they were even married now that I think about it).
The little girl, with baby dolls and strollers, was playing house.  As she played, I could hear her say things in a mad voice such as, "I don't want to have her tonight. It's your turn." or  "I have things to do, I'm not watching her."
Of course I was shocked.  But I realized, that our children 'play house,' very similarly to their real life 'house.'

And though I have heard my fair share of my own children playing 'real' house.  I was thrilled when Drew found this baby doll on the floor yesterday.  He picked it up, held it close to him, and "ahhh"-ed the doll as he rocked his little body side to side.
This time, I am proud to say, he learned it from ...
ME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails