Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is It Just Me?

We are in the middle of Spring break. 
Saying I am frustrated and a little cranky, would be an understatement.

One child yelled at me as though it is my fault that "This is a dumb Spring break because it is cold and snowy."

One child kindly put Drew in his eating chair without clearing out the bananas from an earlier snack (another child had removed him previously).  Drew sat on soggy bananas throughout dinner, and they were nicely smooshed and scattered all over his chubby little legs when Daddy, wearing dry-clean only pants, removed him from the chair after dinner....

One child decided to walk and balance along some rocks while wearing high heeled sandals.  I am greeted with a dirty wet, muddy, mess of a child.  From head to toe.

Preparing for a Sunday School lesson is hard when there are five kids causing mayhem inside because it is too wet to go outside.

There are shoes and socks everywhere.   Yet, my help is always enlisted when someone needs a pair.  Oh, that's because they are looking in their sock drawers or in their shoe basket.  The shoes and socks aren't there!!

I had to drag a child to three different stores to find the correct ink cartridge so I can print out my taxes and pay the government.

One child thinks the Easter candy should all be consumed in the first couple of days following Easter.  When it isn't allowed, the tantrums aren't pretty.

This is just a glimpse of our week so far.
We are barely half way through Spring Break.

Is it just me, or are there other cranky mothers out there?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails