Wednesday, April 30, 2008

(sometimes) I'm A Nice Mother!

Of course, you are probably aware the UTA Frontrunner officially opened on Saturday, but for weeks my kids have watched it from ballgames, the park, driving etc. taking its practice rides, plus they learned all about it at a school assembly. All this hype and attention about the train (if I didn't have kids it probably would have gone unnoticed to me!), had my kids anxious to ride it. One of the stops is just a few miles from our house, so on Monday night for FHE we went to ride the Frontrunner. Well, every other family in the STATE OF UTAH must have had that same idea-needless to say, we didn't ride it and thus had 4 (well only 3 cared about the train-the other was just plain cranky) very disappointed kids. Coldstone ice cream was a very small consolation. So, being the nice mother that I sometimes am, I picked Megan up from school on Tuesday, and we went straight to ride the train, having been told that would be an "off-peak" time. We waited and waited, and waited some more. (Someone had decided to have a "medical condition" on the third day of service backing up all south-bound trains!!!!!!) Megan, Luke and Ellie all wanted to keep waiting (if Joshua could speak he would have disagreed!) We boarded the 3:53pm train at 4:57pm!!! My kids loved it. So, the reason I am including this in my blog is because I plan to have our blog made into a book at the end of the year and I want it forever etched in the Sowby Family History that SOMETIMES I am a nice mother!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails