Friday, January 23, 2009

Have I Ever Shared My Bad Habit?

Recently I was out shopping with a good friend laughing and having a great time (Hi Lesley). We were discussing the musical, Annie, they were performing at the local high school. (I was going to be taking my children to see it the next day.) Lesley whilst giggling said something similar to, "Daddy Warbucks says "a word" kind of a lot of times, but don't worry, your kids will feel right at home." Of course dear Lesley had kindly prefaced the remark with, "Don't be offended." Who can be offended with the truth? Besides it was just as she predicted-my kids did feel right at home, they didn't even bat an eyelid.

Now I could regale you for hours of stories of my children using this word. But I will refrain, although for posterity's sake I'll include one of each.

Megan at 2 years old was trying to put a CD in and she said, "Damn it-it not work."

Luke at 3 years old when asked to go get dressed (by my mother no less), responded while stomping up each stair, "Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!"

Ellie at 3 years old when taken outside in the dead of winter, "Damn it's cold."

I'll tell you, like I tell my kids. It is a "Mommy word. When you are grown up you can say it too."

9 comments:

  1. That made me laugh...my favorite from justin...."What the hell are we having for dinner?" (and of course instead of getting mad right off, I laugh...what kind of example is that?)
    You just can't replace those moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should list ALL of the times they have said it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that it is not just me that has children repeating the kind words out of our mouth. As Faith would say, "Busted!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! I don't swear very often, but I must say crap a lot because Max is always saying, "Oh, crap!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany you are great! I seriously think you deserve an award for your posts. I started reading this one and when I realized where it was going I started to LOL. Mike was sitting here wondering what he was missing out on so I read it out loud to him. By the time I got to Ellie's quote he was LOL louder than me. I'm just waiting with anticipation for Joshua's quote :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is sooo my word! My kids say it often too! Don't feel bad. Hey...the pool thing. South Jordan Rec. is not to far from Randis. just on Redwood and about 10800 S. ish. They have a cool indoor one with sides and stuff. Fun for kids. Sorry it took me so long. I have been a busy lady the last few days. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not a swear word in Todd's family and it's been handed down from generation to generation in the Gardner home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I once dropped a 2-liter of soda and it exploded all over my kitchen. My then 3-year-old daughter looked up at me and innocently asked, "You're not gonna say (rhymes with) spit now, right Mom? Spit's a bad word. You shouldn't say spit." I'll never get sick of telling that story. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn it, thank goodness for Mommy words. But never, ever repeat daddy words.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails