A quality (some may argue a weakness), I'm not sure I've ever shared with the blogging world is my love to always know what is going on around me. As my husband puts it, "Quit staring!"
BUT, back to the Sabbath Day...

In our church, the passing of the Sacrament is a quiet event, well as quiet as it can be with us crazy Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) having so many kids per family.
It is the perfect opportunity to not only think about all the things we should be thinking about, but also if you have the right kind of seat in the chapel, you can see a lot of people...
And of course I haven't seen a lot of these people for 4+ years. I have every excuse to be looking around me and not paying attention to the 21 month old son sitting on my lap. Right?
Well, I did eventually return my wandering eyes to my son, and what I saw, should not happen from one tiny broken up piece of bread...
So as any good mother would do in this situation, I took it as a learning opportunity and firmly whispered into Joshua's 21 month old ears,
"Your cheeks should not be bulging while you eat the Sacrament bread!!!"
And then I am told by those in my family who were paying attention to our own business, that Joshua had taken not only one HANDFUL of bread, but as it was being passed to his sister, he quickly grabbed another HANDFUL.
Yeah Joshua. You are so cute. You and Liz are great friends. Sacrament meeting is a nightmare in our house. Liz thinks that you should yell at the speaker "Don't say that word" when the speaker said Shut Up today. Fun times.
ReplyDeleteYou, stare?????? I just couldn't imagine doing that.
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing that there were other people who enjoy "staring" at that meeting today. They hadn't seen you in 4t years as well :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is pretty funny, gotta love kids, speaking of which they are adorable Joshua has big pretty eyes. I'm sorry I missed you at Val's afterwards as well, I have to go help in primary, hope to see you soon
ReplyDeleteGotta love the GREAT things kids do during Sacrament meeting. Remind me to tell you my great Sacrament story sometime ~~ not really appropriate for blogging.
ReplyDeleteUmmmm you were in American Fork that close to my house and you didn't come by? What were you doing down here? I'm not so happy!
ReplyDeleteHe's just so dang cute, he can get away with stuff like that!
ReplyDelete