Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Motherhood ? Hard?




I had a couple of hours to myself today. I laid on the couch eating chocolate for lunch while re-reading a book, from one of my favorite "light and non-thinking" book series.

Joshua and Drew were asleep. (One on the couch by me, the other on the bedroom floor after crying himself to sleep by his door.)

Ellie went on a date with Mimi (my grandma) to McDonalds and the dollar store.

Luke ventured on a horse-ride in the mountains with his dear friend, Paul.

And Megan, escaped to Nana's house to sew a pillowcase.

I like to think I deserved this break,
Yesterday, wasn't quite so easy. . .

11 comments:

  1. You do deserve a break. After this baptism, I'll be needing one of my own. Chocolate sounds really good for dinner. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally think you deserve a break. Now I hardly now what I am talking about after one week but I think part of the reason motherhood is so amazing is because it is so hard. I have had SOME challenges and time when I think this is so hard but then I look at my cute baby and how much I love him and I wouldn't trade this for anything. I have always wanted to be a mom. I am sure there will be times when I say what was I thinking! I look up to you tons though! You are an amazing mom and your family is so fun. I have told Alex several times that I hope we can be as close as your family and have as much fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh, we played Wii, went shopping and filled Easter eggs for Sunday's Easter egg hunt. Pillowcases....haven't happened yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely deserve a break! I also love your choice of chocolate. I hope you ate it all. I think I'll go scrounging for some chocolate, I know there are some chocolate Easter eggs in this house somewhere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky you can eat chocolate with a nursing baby! Chocolate makes my babies scream :( Although with Easter approaching I am having my fair share of chocolate sneaks :) I figure he is six months now. His tummy CAN handle chocolate! I am so glad you got a break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely deserve a break! I hope you are all adjusting to a new baby. As cute and fun as they are it can be hard when they first arrive, in my opinion! ;) If you need help with anything (someone to watch the kids, dinner, etc.) let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not even imagine. We are going to do the garage sale on the 30th of May so start getting your stuff ready.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmm....you always deserve chocolate!! Yumm...never feel bad about that. You are a mom! I love those books too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think every mom (especially a mother of 5) needs a break AT LEAST once a day. Yeah, rarely happens right? If you ever need to get some kids out of your hair, give me a call. My kids would love some playmates at the park or something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you deserve it ~~ take full advantage EVERY time you get!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's good chocolate! It's good to have down time. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails