Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Me

I was feeling quite proud of myself this morning, when I said to Mike, as I walked out the door dressed in my "professional best,"

"Some people think I'm important."

I was referring to the people that I would soon be sitting with at the school for 3+ hours of interviews. (I had been asked to be on a committee that helped select and interview candidates for the principal position at our local elementary school.)
It has been a llloooonnngggg process.
(Thanks Mom for watching my 3 little ones for 8+ hours total for this!)

The whole process has made me feel very important and professional!

It was overwhelming to sit opposite professionals capable of becoming a school principal and see their nervousness.

I hoped they wouldn't feel intimidated amongst us-especially-me?

I'm about as opposite from them as can be. Case in point; I noticed during the interview that I had food on the side of my sweater, and dried formula on my sleeve. And, had a diaper fall out of my purse whilst retrieving a pen.

Nonetheless, I felt important as I sat in the room.

But...

I felt more important when I returned home, changed into my sweats, got a snack for my four year old, rocked a crying newborn, and tucked my sick two year old in bed for his nap.

I am right. . .
"Some people think I'm important."
Their names are Megan, Luke, Ellie, Joshua and Drew.

9 comments:

  1. I am just jealous that you got to spend 8 hours with Kristi! Even if they were professional ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post made me smile. Your the best mom :) (ok your a pretty good pta president too :) So were they pretty good candidates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly what I was thinking. I think its cute that you had food on you and a diaper fell out of your purse. Being a mom is the most important job ever!
    P.S Vote for Bryan Skelton!
    Alex's brother going through that principal process but I believe that they let the current principals apply for open positions first right so I don't think he even interviews yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you are important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are important to me...one of my heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are the only one's that matter. And me, of course. I love you and definitely think you're important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are the people that matter the most - so that is what counts...being a mom is the greatest. I loved reading the post about your wedding day. J.D. and I both got a few giggles..Thank you for all your kind words during our last few weeks. Good news though, he is home now and we are a real family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got it right!! They are the most important, and you are darn good at it.
    I have sat in on those interviews and they can be long, but your views are important. It's so hard to really know what they will be like. I hope you get a great new principal - one just like mine. We couldn't have any better. NO, you can't have her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're very important. I felt bad I missed your lesson yesterday (I'm sick again) Mike said it was very good (as always).

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails