Sunday, August 9, 2009

It is MY camera!

I'll make the story short.

#1. Mike volunteers to go to Moon Lake in the High Uintahs to pick up young men and leaders from a 50 mile hike.

#2. Mike takes the opportunity to take Luke and Joshua and go early and FISH.

#3. I gladly volunteer the camera; the scenery and setting of my boys fishing will make for some spectacular photos.

#4. I don't have my camera with me to take a picture of my BFF riding along the trail by my house in a triathalon. Instead, I just proudly wave and cheer her on.

#5. I don't have my camera with me to take a picture of my girls getting their hair cut for the first time at a "hair cutting place."

#6. 'Oh well,' I think during my missed opportunities; the scenery and setting of my boys fishing will make for some spectacular photos.

#7. I was kindly serving a friend at her daughter's reception with Megan and was not home when they returned from their trip to Moon Lake.

#8. As I get out of the car when I return home, I see Luke pedaling his little legs as fast as they will go to get across the cul-de-sac at record speed. As he approaches me I say in a horrified voice, "What in the h*!@ are you wearing on your head?"

#9. Mike and Luke excitedly ask me to view the photos on the camera. I gladly take the opportunity. Afterall, the scenery and setting of my boys fishing will make for some spectacular photos.

#10. There are 4 photos on the camera.

#11. I gasp in horror as I am viewing 2 photos of my son cutting the tail from a dead fox on the side of the road in the High Uintahs. (After the suggestion from a man I (used to) think highly of in our ward!)
(Photo has been cropped to be less offensive to potential viewers!)

#12. After returning home, Mike and Luke visit our neighbor, Dave to remove the bone from the fox tail and check for disease.

#13. After our neighbor gave the tail the all-clear and explained to Mike and Luke how to "cure" it for a few days, the neighbor decides to give Luke this Coyote fur? head-dress? skin? thing? he just happened to have?! The coyote fur? head-dress? skin? thing? made-up the other 2 photos on the camera.
#14 This is what I get for passing up photo opportunities of my BFF in her first triathalon and my daughters getting their first haircuts at a salon. And, I didn't see a SINGLE spectacular photo of the scenery and setting of my boys fishing.

My husband is grounded from church duties for a while!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails