Monday, August 22, 2011

Entitlement

I'll admit I smiled a proud smile recently when one of my children asked, "Mom, how can I earn some new cowboy boots?" but then I will also admit that just two weeks ago, I dragged a crying child from a store after they were denied being the proud owner of a much desired item.

I was MAD. Very mad. I plonked my items on a nearby counter and marched the wailing child out to the car. It didn't take long for the crying to stop when I discussed what else wouldn't get purchased with that kind of attitude.

I was appalled. I was disappointed. I was embarrassed. I spent the next couple of hours berating myself about all the things I must be doing wrong as a parent to give a child of mine an attitude that we get what we want, when we want?

Guess it is a good thing I have pre-ordered the book, The Entitlement Trap.  This wonderful resource for parents will be hitting the shelves in just a few weeks. You can get the book for $13 by pre-ordering one versus $18 when it hits store shelves.

Now, you know I'm really not one to typically blog about give-aways and products, but really, who can't benefit from this book? And as an added perk for pre-ordering, you can be entered into the following drawing.

Wow. There sure are a lot of links in this post, but check them all out. I highly recommend the book. Even if you have never had to drag a wailing child from a store...


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails