Thursday, May 8, 2008

One of My Favorite People



It really isn't too hard to be one of my favorite people. One of the simple requirements HAS TO BE that YOU LIKE ME TOO. My sister-in-law Cindy, fits the requirement. (And that can't be said for all of my sister-in-laws!) Truthfully, I like Cindy not just because she likes me too, but for many reasons. My kids love Cindy too and were so excited that it was her birthday. The kids were also very concerned about getting her the right gift, which ultimately Luke disagreed on the one I chose, because, "Cindy doesn't wear pink." We had a simple birthday party for her, complete with a game, birthday cake and candles. I put a lot of effort into making her a cake and instead it was a "blob." (A bundt cake that severely fell!) I know as the saying goes, it is the thought that counts, but I still felt bad, especially when Megan looked at it and said, "Oh Mom, I would be so embarrassed if I were you, because usually your cakes look so good." Happy (late) Birthday Cindy! We're glad you're part of our family. (I also have to pay tribute to her for taking on the project of making my pioneer dress for Trek! She went from volunteering to help me, to volunteering to do the whole thing! I am very thankful. Thanks Cindy!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails