Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cactus, Oranges, Pineapples and Coconut

Random thoughts on Arizona.

I love being in 60' weather in December, BUT, it doesn't seem right to have Christmas lights, wreaths, and Christmas trees up when it isn't cold and snowy! Guess it's all what you're used to.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our Phoenix cousins.

A twelve hour drive is a LONG, LONG drive with five children.

The party Mike had planned for when we hit the 100,000 mile mark on our suburban, was a little anti-climatic driving through a barren desert highway.
Loved and appreciated the three separate COMPLIMENTS we received from three separate people while dining at a restaurant yesterday on how beautiful/well behaved our five children were. (The lecture in the car previously must have worked!!)

Luke is aching to touch a cactus and Joshua insists the Joshua trees "aren't me" and Ellie says "palm trees remind me of pineapples."

Megan questioned "Why aren't there any coconuts on the palm trees?"

Love sitting out on a deck playing Skipbo on December 30th.

Oranges growing on trees are a constant source of finger pointing and "look over there."

I miss watching my local news each night. Yes, I am a litle obsessed, and feel mild anxiety going to bed each night without it.

Checking into our resort, the 'Concierge' asked me if I needed a glass of wine when she realized I had just been in the car for 12 hours with five kids. I was very tempted to say yes.

With the exception of playing with the Phoenix cousins, a twelve hour drive is a long way to "only want to swim and play games as a family."

We are telling our children that in Arizona they celebrate the new year at 9pm. Isn't that right?

Until next year...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails