Monday, June 18, 2012

The Party That Wasn't a Party

I have found myself surrounded by some of my favorite people the last few days. Both of my younger brothers and their families came into town. Oh so fun!! I love my parents and all, but it sure is nice to have my siblings and their wives around once in a while. I wish I had had my camera with me more, but I didn't. Oh well.


One night, we babysat Lucy while Casey and Cindy (and my parents) went to a wedding reception. James and Kristin opted to come eat dinner with us and before long, everyone (except Casey) ended up sitting out on our back porch until the mosquitoes closed the party.


There was no fancy dinner, no prepared dessert and no planned activities. It all started with my kids in the wading pool and a few chairs on the patio. But by the end we had experienced such things as pony rides in the back yard, dish soap on the trampoline, ice cream sandwiches, three naked toddlers in the pool, then those same three naked toddlers in the tub.


I love, love, LOVE these people...
I don't think I could have planned an evening that ended up being as fun, relaxing, and good. And I've planned a fair number. 


Here's to more spontaneous, unplanned summer evenings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails