Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Six

But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
a.a. milne

Joshua opted for a low-key birthday. 100% his choice. A week before his birthday he announced, "I don't really like friend birthday parties. They make me ornery." I couldn't really argue with that, especially when he continued, "I just want to be with our family."

So, the bowling alley followed by Taco Bell, (We have never eaten there before, so not sure why his little heart was set for days on that "restaurant" for his birthday.), followed by cake and ice cream at home with grandparents, was pretty much the makings of a perfect birthday for Joshua.

I know Joshua was the birthday boy, but I love Drew's smile in these series of pictures!



Having spent last weekend in St. George (post to follow) with Cousins Annie and Kate, Joshua really wished Annie and Kate and Cousin Lucy from CA could come to his "family party." Of course neither could, but oh boy is technology wonderful. (I can't help but wonder how different my life growing up an ocean away from grandparents could have been with the technology of today!) Cousins Annie, Kate and Lucy were able to sing Happy Birthday right along with us!! It made me want to cry--and it actually did make Cousin Lucy in CA cry, I think it was the part she realized that she couldn't have any of the Superman cake!


The Smasher is SIX!
Happy Birthday Joshua.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails