Friday, February 4, 2011

It's All Relative

The other morning I was a little overwhelmed and shedding a few tears about feeling like I have to be here, there and everywhere all at the same time.  While crying and talking with a dear friend, I said, "I have no business crying, things could be so much worse."  My wise, wise friend said, "Things can always be worse.  And just because you know that, does not diminish something being hard for you right now."

It made me feel lots better.

Still, I really have no room to complain, when I have three close friends whose husbands are in far worse physical health situations.  We have been blessed with great friends, great family and loving phone calls, texts and thoughts of love and prayers.   Mike has a long road ahead still following such a major surgery, but we'll just take it one day at a time.

And...if
He can keep his oxygen levels up on his own today, and quit throwing up from pain meds, he may just be able to come home today!  It's been a looonnnggg week.
Fingers crossed...
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails