Monday, April 30, 2012

Ellie Lately

  • A couple of weeks ago, Ellie chose to have her hair cut short. She was absolutely in love with it. Every time I looked at her, she was either flicking her head or running her fingers through her hair

I loved that later that evening she even decorated an Easter egg with the following inscription,
"I love my hair."

  • After having a wobbly front tooth for almost 5 months, it finally came out. Ellie's first tooth came out when I was in Washington DC last year, and another tooth came out last month while I was in California. She was so worried this one would come out while I was in Las Vegas, but fate was in her favor and it fell out two days before I left.


  • Mike, not often one to buy items for our children (much less be in the vicinity of a store other than Home Depot), spotted these shoes while in California last month. He absolutely had to buy them for Ellie. He talked the guy down in price, despite the seller's insistence, "There are a lot of diamonds in there." Ellie loves them. Every time she wears them her bum wiggles just slightly and I know she is imagining herself a grown-up. I know this because I used to do the same thing. (Except the sparkly black and gold dress-up shoes I wore were just that--dress up shoes. They were far too big for me.) 

(Why don't I have a side picture to show there are even more diamonds in the heels and sides?!)

Oh to be almost 8!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails