Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ode to the Little Things

As my children get older, I think to myself how much I enjoy new stages. Although there are a lot of stages I am glad we are almost through with, there is one stage I will miss terribly. I will miss having small children around that you never know what they will say or do. Here's a few recent ones...

Things like:
  • Drew not wanting to go over to see Hank (the goat) for his birthday and so instead asked, "Can we text him?"
  • Drew asking, "Is Jesus a girl? Then how come he has girl hair?"
  • holding Drew on my lap, and him pointing at my chest and saying "Those are like hills."
Joshua and Drew playing house the other day:
Drew: "How 'bout the mom dies."Joshua: "No. The mom has to have babies in her tummy. She can't if she's dead."
Drew: "Oh"
  • Drew playing with toy screwdriver while I held a toy said, "Move your hand so you don't get screwed."
  • Drew while making loud car noises (vrrrmmmm) while playing with Hot Wheels said, "I wish I had 3 mouths so my mouth wouldn't be tired."
  • Joshua asking: "If you mow the lawn in the winter when there's snow on the grass, will the lawn mower break?"
I'll miss homemade car mats that get declared, "This is way better than the one Mom made us, huh?"
And children eating their evenly counted out gummy bears and sour worms that were the result of an after school treasure hunt.
I'll miss children that pick up my phone and take far too many pictures with it, and make the photos my new wallpaper background.
I'll miss when the younger three no longer hold my hands when walking places or when no one asks me to tuck them into bed at night.

I know I'll miss all this. I know I will. Which is precisely why I'm trying to focus this month on all the Little Things I'll miss, and not get wrapped up in irritating things like this:
(Yes, I still only have 5 children.)

~enjoy the little things in life, one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails