Monday, May 23, 2011

Little Things

I was touched the other day by a little story my good friend Lesley shared on her blog that she heard from a Women's Conference she attended recently.  I'm sure Lesley won't mind if I quote her here,

"I enjoy Hilary Weeks performance each year at BYU Women's Conference. This year she shared a story about her daughter that touched my heart.

A few years ago Hilary and her nine-year-old daughter went out to dinner together. Hilary enjoyed this one-on-one time with her daughter and was completely captivated as her daughter regaled her with the events of her day, through mouthfuls of mac-and-cheese. As Hilary listened intently to the details of a game of freeze tag, the thought occurred to her that she would have all eternity to enjoy the companionship of her daughter as an adult, but just this short time in mortality to enjoy her as a child."


Lesley followed the story with pictures of her now adult children when they were young.  She titled the pictures, "Here is something I miss."  Her pictures struck me, and even though I never knew her kids as children, I was touched by the childish grins and poses staring up a camera.  I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I realized for the umpteenth time how much I want to love and cherish now.

And so, here is my little photo essay of 'Something I will miss':

little cowboys riding bikes:

mischievous grins:

childish pride:
pre-teen sassiness:
redneck creations:

"enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails