Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Whole Half

So to add a little spice to this half birthday remembrance, I planned on listing some of the reasons, I 'half' love Luke. You know some of those little idiosyncrasies he has, that we all have.  But then I realized that is what makes us, US.  No matter how undesirable some of Luke's traits, quirks or behaviors may be, they make Luke, Luke.  I wouldn't have him any other way.

So that was my first and last attempt to think about half loving someone.  Half loving someone is much like digging half a hole, or finding half a puddle--they don't exist.  A hole is a hole.  A puddle is a puddle.  Love is love.

Luke is 9 and a HALF!
Happy Half Birthday.


PS-This time around, I delivered the 'other half' of the cake to my friend Lori, who in the last half birthday post asked 'What do you do with the other half of the cake?'  Just sayin' it was worth the askin'...

Publish Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails