Thursday, October 15, 2009

Good For You, Not Me


So here is an update from this post.

I am a yeller.
I think I am meant to be a yeller.
I don't think I can not yell...

when your 5 year old is holding the 6 month old, three feet from the ground, by his shirt...
or...
when the 7 year old eats seven (miniature) candy bars in a twenty minute period...
or...
after the seventh time in fifteen minutes the 11 year old has come out of her bedroom at bedtime
or...
when we are trying to read the scriptures and someone is jumping on the love sac, someone else is stepping on the baby, and someone else is making loud, obnoxious noises.

Yep! You read that right.
EVEN
when we are reading the scriptures, I sometimes (have to) yell.

Good for you and all your self-improvements. I admire you. I really do.

I'll just have to think of something more do-able...

10 comments:

  1. I was you this morning getting my boys out the door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Your post just reminded me...I've got some (miniature) candy bars in the fridge, I think I'll go get one (going off of sugar was NOT my goal).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you for trying. Seriously. I too am a yeller (even more so when I'm not on my meds), and there is no way, NO WAY, I could even attempt it. I'm going with 'cutting down' on coke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids only listen when I yell! Seriously.....I get no results until I raise my voice. I must do it way too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I thought I wouldn't be a yeller, but once my 2 year old because 3..... they listen less and less. I think I've yelled while he was saying prayers, lol. Good to hear I'm not the only one. My poor baby is probably deaf from me yelling in his ear at his brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My children need to start worrying when I am not yelling. When I am quiet and intense...look out. The punishment is going to hurt. (Not hitting, just a very intense few days as mom's slave boy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops sorry if you learned it from me! The good news I don't
    yell anymore. Oh wait, you've all moved out!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails