Friday, May 21, 2010

All About The Little Things

Lately, I have discovered that so many of the 'everyday photos' I take will never be worthy of their own blog post, their own picture frame, or even their own memory.  But, obviously, if I think to grab my camera, it is because they are indeed moments I want to remember forever.

Daily, (Yes, daily!) I remind myself and try to internalize more and more, one of my favorite quotes,

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."

As I scrolled through our last month of photos, it hit me yet again that the little things really will one day be big things...at least in my mind...it is the little things that make up our days, our laughter, our frustrations, our lives...
I don't want to ever forget ...

That Drew LOVES, LOVES, LOVES brooms (or shovels, or sticks).  If I am trying to get something done in the kitchen, and he is at my feet, I get out the broom and magic-Drew is content and I get something done!

That Drew always wants to be outside...and he rarely has shoes on.
I don't ever want to forget that Megan is probably our goofiest child.  She is always trying to be funny, even when she risks getting yelled at because she's doing it at the wrong times...
 

That Megan performed practically perfectly at her first harp performance.  (And that Mom doesn't need to pack the music next time, because Megan plays perfectly from memory!!)

I don't ever want to forget how difficult it is to keep Ellie on task in the morning.  It isn't that she isn't a morning person, it is that she is stubborn.  (Courtesy of her father and (I'm told) his mother.)
Or, how much Ellie loves to play baby dolls, especially that she carries around a basket as a car seat with a blanket covering the sleeping baby doll. 
I don't ever want to forget that if Luke wants something, and mom won't take him to the store to buy it, he'll always try making it:  (that's a homemade bow and arrow, made in less than 10 minutes.)
Or how often Luke's friends just stand and watch him do things I don't think they or their other friends do...
I don't ever want to forget that Joshua will 'wope' anything in sight, his bike, a chair, his mother, a sister...

Or when a three year old spots a potato bug, it is a big deal for mommy to "Come and see it wight now."


And surely, I will never forget, that those times when I think my life may be just fine and everything is going relatively well and not much is askew...

I will remember that there is always something that may be, not quite right...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails