Monday, May 3, 2010

Too Good To Be True

We have a bench that sits in our kitchen, that Luke made last summer.  Though I have a 'interior decorating friend' who frowns upon it, Luke made and presented it with such love, enthusiasm and pride, that it will always be one of my most prized possessions.

The bench is really quite 'unsittable', and not frequently sat on.  Yet, for some reason on Saturday morning when the children were called downstairs for 'Saturday Cleaning Hour' instructions, they randomly ended up sitting on it together.  There was no negotiating, no arguing and no complaining.  Four children sat lined up on the bench, listening intently to my instructions.  It was so endearing, so novel, and so rare, I just had to grab my camera...

Luke was horrified I was taking a photo of him in his underwear...

I think it was Mike that joked about the photo probably ending up on the blog, so Megan also quickly exited...

And that left Ellie, who suggested I take a photo of just her.

And actually, that is kind of how our cleaning hour went this Saturday...

Luke disappeared.
Megan got distracted
And Ellie, I think stayed on the bench...

I should never have grabbed the camera...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails