Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today is...

Ellie's birthday, shout HOORAY!


And in true Ellie fashion, Ellie has requested a 'Flip-Flop Party.'  Not a Princess theme party, not a Tinkerbell party, not a Barbie party, not any typical little girl party themes, but... a Flip-Flop party.  (Last year was a 'butterfly party' the year before was a 'purse party.')
And that is exactly one of the things we love most about Ellie-she wants what SHE wants.

So...
Let the birthday celebrations begin.


Happy 6th Birthday Ellie!

Note:  This is my 29th birthday celebration of one of my children and I have made every cake but one (the one my mother made for Joshua 10 days after I had Drew.)  This morning, while making the flip-flop cake I officially decided, I hate making cakes, yet I still do it.  And will keep doing it.  Especially when my children say such things as Megan did this morning, "I think it is really special that you always make our cakes and have never bought one."  
Oh-the pressure....
 

7 comments:

  1. You do such a good job too. The flip-flops are DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I like the actual making of the cake, either, but I love the look on their face when they see it and it's exactly what they wanted. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake! Happy birthday Ellie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks awesome. Happy Birthday Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture Ellie! Fun party also, Happy Birthday Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling picture of Ellie. Why do I think I like making cakes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday cute Ellie!!! Tiffany, You always make the most beautiful cakes! How do you do it? Do you have every shape of cake pan?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails