Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Photos of Summer

Though I have a love/hate relationship with Summer, the last line of this essay I wrote during the Spring, has been my summer motto,

"My children will only be young once, and summers don’t last forever.   This summer I am committed to 'treasure the doing’ of the ‘little things in life.’  I’m determined to make it a summer to remember."

Summer is almost half way over... These are some of the 'little things' I want to remember:

Our own city parade is so much cooler, smaller and more enjoyable than the tradition of the neighboring city. I think this parade will become our family's new tradition...
The standard question we hear every evening when Mike returns home from work 'Who got in the dirt?'
Eating our breakfasts, lunches and dinners outside...
Lazy Summer afternoons...
Megan recruiting 25+ neighbor kids to come and play night-games, then becoming frustrated that everyone was being too noisy to listen to the game instructions...
Constantly finding popsicle sticks, otter pop wrappers, and children with sticky hands...

And though I occasionally find myself looking forward to the more structured and scheduled days of a school year
And fewer kids at home...
I am certain the next half of summer will go as quickly as the first (if not faster)...
So I'll keep trying my best to enjoy it while it lasts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails