Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Not What I Expected

There are certain moments I can't help but look at Luke and think, "I would NEVER in a million years have imagined my baby boy to do the things he does or wear the things he wears.

Cowboy boots, Wranglers, riding a bike with a horse rope in his hand, building this kind of trailer/sled...
Or not being able to buy back to school clothes/shirts for him anywhere but a western type store...

If you had told me any of these things would one day come to pass,


I would have called you a liar.
I would have told you, you were wrong.

(please excuse the cell-phone taken photo!)

But alas here we are.

And guess what?
I love it.
I love Luke's unique, I don't do something-because-other-people-do-attitude.

I love Luke.

4 comments:

JACK's house said...

Me too :)

Sarah said...

What a sweetie. Loving that smile!!
I hope my children will just enjoy what they want to enjoy and have that kind of attitude. I wouldn't want my kids to be sheep.
Luke seems like a very bright and happy boy. I'm not surprised you are so proud of him. :)

Jana said...

He is so his own and that is the best way to be. Be proud! He is a cutie! BBQ anytime!! Really when do you guys want to head down. Maybe on a friday or saturday?!

Nana said...

Me three!

Related Posts with Thumbnails