Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Underwear Pride

(I know it is a very poor quality cell-phone photo, but you can see what matters...)

The other day I took Ellie shopping to get some new items for first grade.  At this particular store, we purchased two new shirts (one of which, I don't particularly like, but the 'Oh Mom, I just love it so much' comment and facial expression won me over), a dress, a carefully chosen pair of shoes and some necessary (days-of-the-week) underwear.

As the clerk rang up the purchases, unbeknownst to me, Ellie immediately grabbed back the underwear.  As the purchases were being bagged, I naturally said, "Ellie, hand me the underwear."

Her reply.
"No. I want to carry them."

I couldn't help but think of Megan the other day at the store, slightly embarrassed of the underwear on display in our cart and later as we placed them on the check stand.

But not Ellie.
Out to the parking lot Ellie went, proudly swinging the new underwear to her side.

It's a good thing Megan wasn't with us.
She would have been mortified.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails