Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thankfully, It's Over

Last weekend, Mike and I sat down and made a list of all the 'honey-dos' that we want to get down before this week, when life as we know it will change for several weeks.  Last Sunday night I went to bed knowing that we had quite a week ahead of us, and tried to remain calm and breathe deeply despite the lack of any space left on any of the white little squares on my calendar.

Amidst honey-do lists, loads of laundry, household chores, homework assignments, practicing and all the regular stuff.  And though there were a few moments of heated tempers, rattled nerves and mental confusion--we survived the week.  And what didn't get down, probably won't and that is OK.  We fit in quite a bit...
  • Megan completed and turned in her Science Fair project...
  • Luke completed his Pinewood Derby car Livestock Truck...

  • Mike, as the Cubmaster, fulfilled his assignments at the Pinewood Derby...
  • Doctors appointments and lab work...
  • An five-eight hour day spent with three PTA members and a dear friend (with no PTA affiliation!) putting together silent auction baskets at my house...
  • Listening to Megan's prepared-by-herself talk she has written for her first time speaking in Sacrament Meeting...
  • An extra little friend sleeping over while his parents were out of town...
  • Listening to Luke's prepared-with-some-nudging talk he has written to speak at an extended family meeting...
  • Home teaching and a Presidency meeting at the same time in which both Mike and I were interrupted with phone calls...
  • Some early mornings and late evenings plugging away on a writing assignment/deadline...
  • A CRASHED computer with no back up of photos or personal documents and the external hard drive my brother purchased for me last week sitting UNOPENED on my desk...
  • A missed Science Fair Open House because there were three other things on the calendar at the same time AND a sore throat and hurt ears...
  • A family visit to a pizza parlor where I think only two children cried...
  • A phone call Friday morning from Megan as soon as she arrived at school, telling me she had WON THE SCIENCE FAIR!!  And though I complimented her first, my MOTHER OF THE YEAR comment was, "Oh Megan, that's one more thing to fit on our calendar for February!"  (She is also going to the District Spelling Bee!)   If you know me very well, you know well my feelings about school science fairs and spelling bees......and going to the District Science Fair and District Spelling Bee are not high on my list of want-to-dos.

Such is life.
We survived the week.

Into a new week we go...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails