Monday, October 21, 2013

Arizona Mothers

Sometimes motherhood seems hard. Some days I wonder what in the world I can possibly do to help one of my children through an issue, or other days I wonder how I can feel more peace in my day-to-day life. Some days I want to curl up in a hole and hibernate for a season.

Other days, motherhood seems like an absolute dream job. Hand-written notes show up on my pillow, slobbery kisses grace my cheek, a teenager tells me she thinks I'm a "dang good parent", and general feelings of peace and joy fill our home.

Too often there are weeks where the hard days outweigh the dream days. Last week was a little bit like that for me, and so a Power of Moms retreat in Phoenix, AZ was a near perfect way to end the week.

So often during the hard days of motherhood, when I feel discouraged and allow myself to think I'm the only one in the world who ever feels that way, I remember I am not. I KNOW all over the world there are mothers who at times feel the exact same way.

That's what I love about what I get to do as a Power of Moms trainer... I absolutely LOVE the opportunity I have to meet so many other mothers and learn together with them. These mothers love their children. They love motherhood despite the difficult days. They can laugh, they can cry, they can learn and they can teach.
I feel beyond blessed to have spent a day learning from them.


Jonelle Hughes was a dream to present with. What a great lady. She has such a clamness and peace about her that I want to incorporate more into my own life.

One day I will have a photo of me presenting without using my hands!

What a thrill to have had my cousins in attendance!

Actually, my father-in-law and her dad are cousins, and so who knows what that makes us exactly, but LOVE dear Jennifer.
My favorite parts of the retreats is seeing women together in small groups discussing motherhood. The feeling in that room is indescribable as I take a few moments to stand back and simply observe.



Not sure why Jonelle, Maurie and I didn't get a better photo together, but these ladies? A definite MUST for a future trip together. Love them.

When I think about the time I spent in Phoenix the last couple of days, I am reminded of a quote by Helen Keller, "Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much." A group of mothers sitting together in a room together, is a powerful, powerful thing.
(photo courtesy of Jonelle Hughes)

Love these opportunities!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails