Monday, October 28, 2013

Phone Clear Out

It's been a while since I purged my phone photos, and so excuse the overload, but memories must be preserved...

My BFF and I very carefully co-ordinated our youngest children's preschool and kindergarten schedules for this school year. It's too bad we don't take advantage of it more often. At least we have once so far this school year.

Mike and I spent a day last month at an auction. Remember, we attended last year as novices, we could probably call ourselves professional auction attendees about now. I mean, we bought enough stuff. Things like this...
A pallet of tools for a screaming deal. It also included about 17 brooms (no exaggeration), and more shovel HANDLES Mike will probably ever need or use. But a deal is a deal, right? Besides, the shovels alone "paid" for the rest of the stuff we got too.

Another pallet Mike bid on because of the tarps. Well, if you want one thing on the pallet, you bid on and purchase everything else. Including...
Approximately 600 gift bows. We gifted them to my mother-in-law, who seemed genuinely happy with her acquisition. (She also received one of 17 aforementioned brooms.)
As if 17 brooms, 600+ gift bows, some tarps, binoculars and such weren't enough... Mike also bid on and purchased 2 trucks. Yes you read that right. Mike purchased 2 trucks at an auction. I was meandering around a different section of the auction, and my blood pressure certainly rose when I returned to Mike and he said, "I just bought 2 trucks." All you are guaranteed is that they will "drive off the lot."

Turns out we got a pretty dang good deal considering the price we paid, what they looked like when they were cleaned up,and the final verdict from our auto-mechanic. I'm not so sure if we'll ever do it again though, is it really possible to be that lucky, twice?
One morning, the boys crawled in my bed to watch some Curious George. I absolutely loved that Drew rested his hand on Joshua's. I loved even more that Joshua wasn't bugged by it.
Joshua  spent one Sunday morning, thoughtfully drawing a picture for his missionary cousin. I loved his final project so much, I was tempted to keep it. Alas, Joshua dropped it in the mailbox and sent it across the country. Joshua was thrilled to receive a letter a couple of weeks later addressed to just him as a reply.
I accompanied the 4th grade on a field trip a few weeks ago. There is something about this container on the bus that makes me want to throw up every time. "Body fluid cleanup kit." I could never be a bus driver. Or anything for that matter that required a "body fluid cleanup kit." I know it sounds funny coming from a mother of 5, who has certainly done her fair share of "body fluid cleanup" over the years. But still, a kit on the bus? Gross.
The fourth grade field trip, was to This is The Place Heritage Park, where the children learned about the Mormon Pioneers, that are the basis of Utah history. Reminded me of the first couple of weeks after moving to America, I had to give an oral report on the Mormon Pioneers in a junior high class. I couldn't comprehend the assignment, until I realized it was history.
Mike doesn't like dark chocolate, so when I came home from Costco with this purchase recently, he scoffed about how disgusting and gross they looked and why did I waste money on them? This bag here? My third purchase of them within a few weeks because Mike LOVES them. I have since stopped buying them as he consumed aforementioned third bag far more quickly than he should have.
This costume here was sewed for Megan in 2002. It always was a little big big for her when she wore it as a 4 year old girl, but it made the hard work of pleats and letters seem somewhat worth it to think Ellie was wearing it 11 years later. It took a little bit of shimmying to fit it over Ellie's hips, and the shirt is a little short, but not bad when mother is pretty cheap when it comes to purchasing new Halloween costumes. (She did wear it once when she was younger, but it was exciting when it was pulled out of the "outgrown" costumes box. It fits in well with the 2T costume Drew has been sporting around to the last few Halloween dress-up events.
I know you've seen this one before, but it is a favorite. I'm not sure what it is about Drew's little body, but his little bum crack is ALWAYS showing.
Sorry the photo is sideways, but I have major homework issues. I can't stand the busy work and I can't bear the fact the teachers think 1st graders should be doing 30 minutes or so of homework. I don't mind 20 minutes of reading each night, but anymore than 10 minutes of math or English gets a note such as this from me. (It isn't the only note I've sent back to the teacher...)
This photo is from almost 6 weeks ago, but loved this morning! Two California cousins en route to BYU Idaho spent a night with us. Megan skipped the morning of school and these three entertained themselves (and me) singing (Megan was accompanying them on the piano) songs from Broadway musicals. I could have listened to them for hours.
Luke and Joshua have been into football a lot lately. On a recent rainy afternoon, Joshua and Luke made this on my family room carpet. Miniature army men become football players.
The perk of having our own business, and Mike's office only a 2 minute drive from our house is I frequently have Drew "spend quality time" with Mike if I have somewhere to be. Usually Drew quite enjoys "working with Daddy", but sometimes he spends too much time in the truck...
(I promise, he usually uses a booster seat...)

My kids were thrilled that their school finally had "crazy hair day."
Joshua found the camera one afternoon...


Fortunately for you, I didn't choose to upload the 4 videos he took of a football sitting on the kitchen table.

This is my life.
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails