Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Splendor

I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
L.M. Montgomery--Anne of Green Gables
(the view from my front door + a beautiful sunrise=spectacular!)

I have always loved October, perhaps one may argue due in large part to it being my birthday month. Which of course shan't be argued, but really, who doesn't adore October?

The colors in October are a more vibrant color than its side months of September and November. They are no longer in the beginning stages of September where they are gradually changing, nor are they in the ending stages of November when they become faded and dull as winter approaches.


In October, the colors are confident in their autumn splendor. October has always been my favorite month to soak in the beauties around me, but this year it seems to be even more so. I can't tell if it is just me and my personal perspective, or if the intensity of nature is stronger this year.
My garden has been harvested and the dirt tilled for the winter, leaves cover much of the ground, and this weekend will mark the beginning of darker evenings. Although I love all of the seasons in their own splendor and grandeur, there is something about the glorious fall, especially this year, that has captured my senses on so many levels.

I echo dear Anne of Green Gables, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
I'm sad to see it end.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails