Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Win for Reading


In college I took several Sociology classes. I found the subject very interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the required reading and studying. Though most of my reading now consists only of blog posts, notes from school, Sunday School lessons, Facebook statuses, and answering the daily request of "read me a book", I still find myself reflecting on some of the general theories I studied.

I went to college in the days before the internet became a daily part of our lives. In fact, my very last quarter at the University of Utah, my professor strongly encouraged us to set up an email account. An email account?!? It was foreign and new and caused me undue stress. Back then, I used a computer to type a paper and that was about it.

All this rambling brings me to the point of this post.

BLOG STALKING.

Who of us, doesn't do it? We all do. Yet it seems to be some shameful secret we hide; that we read so and so's blog. Most bloggers that I know, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE comments. Myself included. I love reading them. Yet, even I am guilty of not leaving them on several of the blogs that I read (stalk).

All this brings me back to my sociology days in college. I think Blog Stalking would make for a very interesting subject in a sociology class. There has to be some sociological/psychological phenomenon behind it...

So I am CALLING ON ALL BLOG STALKERS to come forward.
ALL BLOG READERS THAT COMMENT and
ALL BLOG READERS THAT DON'T COMMENT.

(My SiteMeter tells me there are several of you out there....)

Because you see, my husband came home from work Monday night with a late Christmas gift from someone he works with.

Fifty Dollars to be spent at Best Buy.

We both looked at each other with similar slightly-confused looks. Neither of us have ever stepped foot in a Best Buy store. In fact, neither of us knows where one is. Give us some restaurant gift cards, even Walmart (we have two kids in diapers you know?), and we'd know much better how to use them (it was still a very nice gesture).

Lucky for you, we've decided that we're willing to part with them.

So I am CALLING ON ALL BLOG STALKERS to come forward.
ALL BLOG READERS THAT COMMENT and

ALL BLOG READERS THAT DON'T COMMENT.


Leave me a comment telling me:
1. How did you find my blog/or how do you know me.
2. What you enjoy most about my blog.
3. How wonderful I am (ok, that part is optional).


And I will:
Enter everyone's name in a random drawing.
The winner will be the lucky recipient of $50.00 to spend at Best Buy!

The winner will be picked and announced
Sunday, February 14th.
(How romantic is that?!)

Good luck and
DON'T BE SHY!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails