Monday, February 15, 2010

Snob

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a self-proclaimed sugar cookie snob...

1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sugar cookies. BUT, I like MY recipe and two local bakeries -Cutlers and Parsons. Even MY recipe, with someone else making it (besides my mother) doesn't always pass my sugar cookie test. For example, I once gave my recipe to a neighbor, they later brought us some of the cookies. I could not eat them. I rarely eat sugar cookies homemade by others. (How rude is that to admit?!) However, I once skeptically tried some sugar cookies from a family with an allergy and therefore I assume used "special" ingredients. The sugar cookies were delicious and certainly passed my test...)
2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sugar cookies. In direct contrast, I do not like, I do not like, I do not like children making sugar cookies with me. I can't stand the too much rolling and too much squeezing and suddenly the dough looks greasy. Yuck. I don't care how many times I may have made them wash their hands, I can not tolerate using greasy dough.

3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sugar cookies. BUT, I do not like, I do not like, I do not like children making sugar cookies with me. Except, I feel like a very unkind mom while my children stand and watch, vocally begging to participate. So, on Friday I compromised. I let Ellie help me. But then I felt really sorry for Joshua as he silently sat watching, having just been told he could not help. So I gave him a little 'greasy' dough (that I bit my tongue from getting upset about) that was no longer usable, and Joshua thought that he was in heaven. I even let him put his clumps on the pan. But "somehow" the clumps "disappeared" in the baking process.

I love, love, love, love sugar cookies.
I'm not even going to admit how many I ate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails