Monday, February 15, 2010

Snob

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a self-proclaimed sugar cookie snob...

1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sugar cookies. BUT, I like MY recipe and two local bakeries -Cutlers and Parsons. Even MY recipe, with someone else making it (besides my mother) doesn't always pass my sugar cookie test. For example, I once gave my recipe to a neighbor, they later brought us some of the cookies. I could not eat them. I rarely eat sugar cookies homemade by others. (How rude is that to admit?!) However, I once skeptically tried some sugar cookies from a family with an allergy and therefore I assume used "special" ingredients. The sugar cookies were delicious and certainly passed my test...)
2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sugar cookies. In direct contrast, I do not like, I do not like, I do not like children making sugar cookies with me. I can't stand the too much rolling and too much squeezing and suddenly the dough looks greasy. Yuck. I don't care how many times I may have made them wash their hands, I can not tolerate using greasy dough.

3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sugar cookies. BUT, I do not like, I do not like, I do not like children making sugar cookies with me. Except, I feel like a very unkind mom while my children stand and watch, vocally begging to participate. So, on Friday I compromised. I let Ellie help me. But then I felt really sorry for Joshua as he silently sat watching, having just been told he could not help. So I gave him a little 'greasy' dough (that I bit my tongue from getting upset about) that was no longer usable, and Joshua thought that he was in heaven. I even let him put his clumps on the pan. But "somehow" the clumps "disappeared" in the baking process.

I love, love, love, love sugar cookies.
I'm not even going to admit how many I ate!

9 comments:

  1. :) Don't we all seem to have something sweet that we just love love love? (I know I do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have had MAYBE two different sugar cookies I enjoyed. I can't make them. I've tried. Of course, I am not much of a baker, I tend to struggle with anything that involves flour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister makes wonderful sugar cookies and I was a lucky recipient of a plateful last night (I ate 3). You were smart to give Joshua his own dough, that's all they really want to do is play with it. But here's an idea that my mom always did and I followed her example when I made sugar cookies (which I haven't done in years b/c they are never as good when I make them, I wouldn't pass your test), roll out some dough and let each child place their hand on the dough as you gently cut around it with a knife, then bake them and they each have a cookie hand. My mom did that all the time. My little boys loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting better at them tasting like yours. In fact my neighbor commented on how good my sugar cookies always are and all I could think was, they are not nearly as good as Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to copy amd paste this whole entry (change the names, of course) to my blog. I feel the same way. Now....you HAVE to post the recipe. Mine are pretty good as well. I think Smart Cookie's are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarlet-how could I forget those delicious cookies that Kim has given to us? Oh YUM, YUM, YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOO!!! I so want some!! I to love a good sugar cookie! And hey...no one ever asks how many you ever eat! No one else needs to know!:) Happy V-day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so with you...I love to bake cookies but WITHOUT the extra help. Have you had a sugar cookie from Smart Cookie...oh my yum:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm Lesley's sister. I LOVE Cutlers and Parson's sugar cookies. Actually, if you put the two in front of me, I'd pick Parson's sugar cookie first. But the Cutlers browing marshmallow is a favorite too.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails