I often hear friends, or cousins, or sister-in-laws, and even strangers talk about how much fun they have with their sisters. They take trips, they go to lunch, they go shopping, or just hang out. Well, I have no sisters and honestly, I feel a pang of jealousy when I see these sister-get-togethers...
Recently I planned a 'let's get together and work on some projects' day with my BFF, two sister-in-laws and mom. And even though they all have sisters to do all of the above with, they spent a day with me.
I loved it and not just because...
Megan and Ellie each have a new home-sewn skirt, thanks to Aunt Cindy.
And Luke and Joshua each got some new cowboy pajamas thanks to Nana:
I didn't even sew a stitch.
But I still wish I had sisters. Although I love my brothers...but really, how many posts have I written about how much we love to get together? Oh yeah, none...
I think I am really missing out.



It is true, sisters rock! But I think it's awesome that you found some sister's to hang out with. Sometimes the best sisters aren't related by blood.
ReplyDeleteIt is so true! Sisters are the best...I dont mean to poor salt in the sore. Brittyn feels the same way so badly wanting a sister and I so badly wanting her to have one. But I am done...sadly! I just tell her she has a fabulous mommy to always stay best friends with and to always stay near and dear with her girl cousins. I love ya Tiff and we so need a get together!!! Much love girl!
ReplyDeleteAnd only those of whose who are lacking in the same capacity can truly understand the emotion behind this post....AMEN!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute skirts and pj's!
ReplyDeleteI tend to miss out on those sisterly opportunities as well. One of my sister lives states away, and the other is Tyson's age.
But I agree that some of the best sisters aren't related by blood!
I also agree... some of the best sisters aren't related by blood :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun thing that you instigated. (hey your family benefited from it too :) But you know, I have 2 sisters...and while it's fun to have them...they can kinda be judgemental too. (but both of them are 10 yrs older than me too)
ReplyDeleteYeah, sisters are great. As you know, Shannon and I are the best of friends. So, consider yourself invited to a sister get together. There are five of us so, what's one more? We'd love to have you. We just go to dinner and visit and laugh and have fun. We'll keep you posted. :)
ReplyDeleteYa who needs a sister when you have me.
ReplyDelete