Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Half

I was bound determined this year, I would make Megan a half birthday cake despite the fact she had been 'hired' by Grandpa to make Nana's real birthday cake.

It was a crazy day.  Filled to the brim with this and that.  But I wanted Megan to come home from school to her half cake and her half present.  I wanted the kids to be able to eat a piece of half cake with enough time to spare that it could have time to digest before they ate a piece of real cake at Nana's birthday party later that evening.  (Did you get all that?!)

So yesterday, at 3:17pm, with twenty minutes or so to spare before the kids got home, I had two little boys screaming at the top of their lungs (for different reasons), and I found I was all out of cocoa! (I ONLY make chocolate frosting from scratch!)

Fortunately with a quick phone call, some was delivered promptly to my house.
(Ah-I love good neighbors.)

All was good in the world.
After all, who wouldn't love an after school snack of chocolate cake?

And, I might add--Megan's paid cake job went very well.

Grandpa must have been pretty impressed.  He gave Megan a tip that matched the original payment.
Not too shabby.

(I'm considering changing careers.
Motherhood is considerably underpaid.
I'm thinking of switching to cake-maker.)

Megan is 12 and a HALF!!
Happy Half Birthday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails