Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Husband's Other Love

A few years ago Mike put in a couple of wooden posts to claim his "shed spot" in our back yard. Despite being cemented into the ground, they served no other purpose than an eye-sore, a conversation piece, or an odd backdrop to the trampoline as you can see here.
(April 2011)

As fall turned into winter, Mike found himself with a little extra time on his hands and even recruited his brother and two nephews to spend a Saturday in December helping him.
Last Saturday we had our first real snowstorm of the season. Having braced myself for a day of jealousy pangs as my husband turned all his time, energy and excitement to his shed, I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to snow. Kind of a lot of snow, at least too much snow for Mike to spend the day lovingly hammering, nailing and drilling his shed.

When snow falls around here, we of course shovel our driveway and front walks almost immediately. In the almost seven years we have lived here, we have never shoveled our back patio and/or back yard. Until last week...
 I guess if he can't actually work on the shed, at least he can go visit.
I will add however, that it was Luke and I that noticed and were absolutely fascinated by the melting snow on the pitched roof.

 And that is probably the most enthusiasm and excitement I have shown about my husband's love shed.

As for this picture, yeah well I never have claimed to have the greatest parenting skills...

PS-Want to know how much the shed materials have cost him?
Well I don't have an exact figure, but I will say somebody told me about a television show called, "Dumpster Divers" (?) and I wonder if they would be interested in featuring Mike and his shed!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails