Sometimes I get confused who is the mother around here;"Make sure when you cook the macaroni you stay by it so the water doesn't get high."
"You need to put underwear on Joshua when I'm at school."
"Please tell the kids that they should not leave toys where they'll get stepped on."
"Next time you make it, you should do..."
"So when Drew is one, you're not going to give him a bottle anymore, right?"
Sometimes I respond politely,
"Thanks, but I'm the mom."
Sometimes I respond not so politely
(and with a slightly elevated voice),
"I am the mom. Don't tell me what to do."
I guess I am glad I only had one daughter to help me learn to be the mother/homemaker! :o) Imagine how smart you'll be after listening to all their hints on how to do succeed. I loved guessing who said what!
ReplyDeleteI was going to write a whole bunch of ha ha's but that is what I always say. You just always make me laugh on your blog! I probably won't be laughing in ten years when my girls are doing that to be. You will probably be the one laughing then.
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious! Oh I love this post. Sounds like you've got a little that wants to make sure everything is done JUST right! haha By the way, she looks exactly like you like you!
ReplyDeleteI guess having my girl as the youngest I've never had to "compete" with a child for my own position. But I think it's cute that they are concerned. They'll be great mothers someday, just like you are.
ReplyDeleteFunny post!! Thanks for making me laugh before I finally put myself to bed! :)
ReplyDeleteI have one of those, too. Fortunately, out of 3 possibles, it's only 1. All I can say is, "Good Luck!"
ReplyDelete